NO AGENCIES, PLEASE.
RedShift BioAnalytics is seeking a Microfluidics Engineer to lead the development of consumable products for analytical instrumentation used to characterize protein structure. The position is both engaging and challenging, with exposure to fluidics, biochemistry, opto-electronics, and instrumentation design.
Work will be performed at our office located at:
131 Middlesex Turnpike
Burlington, MA 01803
*We have plans to relocate to Boxborough, MA, and can offer a hybrid remote working schedule. No relocation assistance is available with this position.
Vice President of Engineering
About RedShift BioAnalytics:
RedShift BioAnalytics is developing powerful new analytical tools for the R&D, life science, and biopharmaceutical markets. Our measurement solutions combine tunable lasers, microfluidics, and automation technologies to achieve revolutionary improvements in performance and analytical capabilities. At RedShift, we provide customers with solutions that accelerate product discovery, development, and manufacturing while enabling dramatic improvements in performance, efficiency, and cost.
We have developed major partnerships with industry leaders, attracted top talent to our executive and advisory teams, and received strategic and venture funding to support our product introductions and continue to build our team. Our team members are innovators who push beyond the status quo to create one of the most promising technology start-ups in the Boston area.
This position is open for immediate hire. The company provides very competitive salaries as well as a full benefit plan including medical, dental, and 401(k) savings.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume referencing the job title to: firstname.lastname@example.org
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER.
RedShift BioAnalytics affords equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, age, military status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression or gender unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
Minimum Required Skills/Experience:
- A MS or PhD in Engineering with emphasis in microfluidic design.
- At least 5 years of experience, including leading the end-to-end design of a commercial microfluidic consumable.
- Expert level knowledge of fluid control components and system architecture of measurement instruments.
- Working knowledge of plastic, silicon, and glass substrates.
- Experience with laboratory instrumentation or medical products.
- Experience with optical measurement technologies.
- Knowledge of microfluidic fabrication techniques for prototypes and production.
- Strong hands-on bench skills, with ability to perform detail-oriented work including prototyping and testing.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and wri,tten communication skills are essential.
- Strong team player, both within engineering as well as with our business teams.
- Willingness to travel to suppliers as needed.
Other Valued Skills/Experience:
- Strong commercial product orientation, including prior experience and a track record of success in product development and manufacturing transfer.
- Understanding of design for manufacturability.
- Experience interfacing directly with outside vendors and/or design firms.
- Competitive compensation including base salary and annual bonus eligibility for all employees
- Equity – All employees are awarded stock options to benefit from the future success of the company
- 401k Plan – Company contributes 3% of base salary to plan, regardless of employee contribution amount
- Commuter Benefits Program – Use pre-tax dollars to pay for eligible mass transit and parking fees
- Several excellent PPO and HMO Insurance Plans provided by Tufts in Massachusetts and UnitedHealthCare , Kaiser Permanente, and Blue Cross Blue Shield in other states.
- Company pays nearly 90% of most popular plan or equivalent amount towards other plans; employees may elect higher-deductible plans for which company pays 100% of the premiums.
- Nationwide pharmacy benefits coverage provided by UnitedHealthCare or Tufts
- Dental benefits provided by UnitedHealthCare, including $1500 orthodontic benefit
- Vision coverage provided by VSP (Vision Service Plan)
- Health Care Flexible Spending Plan
- Health Savings Account Program
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability Benefits – company pays up to 60% of covered earnings (subject to cap)
- AD&D (Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance) – 100% employer paid for basic coverage; options for employee contributions to increase max coverage
- Employee Assistance Program – Variety of resources offered supporting your physical, emotional, social, and financial health
- Marketplace™ Perks at Work – Discounts and member pricing for more than 1,500 merchants, including on-demand fitness classes, therapy and telehealth, virtual classes, and at-home grocery and meal delivery services.
- Adoption Assistance Program – Reimbursement of $1,500 of eligible adoption expenses per qualified adoption
- Generous Vacation Time Policy – Every employee earns 15 vacation days, 5 sick days, and 2 floating holidays per year, in addition to 12 company holidays.
- Training and Development - Grow your career and improve job performance with free access to 5000+ self-paced on demand courses; 25000+ online books, videos, and curricula; and instructor-led virtual courses
- Educational Assistance Program – Provides reimbursement of $1500 per calendar year for approved graduate or undergraduate courses or $500 for approved continuing education expense