Inside Sales Representative
Inside Sales Representative
Inside Sales Representative
At RedShiftBio, we “See change” and are pushing the boundaries with our Microfluidic Modulation Spectroscopy (MMS) technology to achieve radical improvements in performance and measurement capabilities for IR spectrometry analysis of proteins and biotherapeutics. We have developed major partnerships with industry leaders, attracted top talent to our executive and advisory teams, and received strategic and venture funding to support our product introductions as we continue to build our team.
We are constantly seeking experienced talent in all functional areas of our business. We seek extraordinary and ambitious people who also see the need for change. We value bright minds, sharp instincts, collaborative spirit, and innovative vision. Our team members are innovators who push beyond the status quo to create one of the most promising technology start-ups in the Boston area.
The Inside Sales Representative will be responsible for managing RedShiftBio’s lead development pipeline by prospecting through cold calling/emailing and searching for new business opportunities across pharma/biopharma applications. This individual maintains effective customer relationships, develops opportunities for growth within an existing and new customer databases, and assures market penetration and profitability while achieving sales and profit forecasts. A successful Inside Sales Representative will partner with sales managers to provide support and nurture key strategic accounts.
- Prospecting and Sales Support: Has consultative conversations with customers to review/uncover challenges with current lab techniques
- Uses technical knowledge to identify incremental sales opportunities
- Provides technical expertise to support the preparation of proposals and quotations (RFP/RFQ)
- Uses technical knowledge of instrumentation in the sales campaign to support sales in developing competitive strategies
- Participates in regular team meetings to share best practice, review performance against targets, and conduct informal training
- Utilizes CRM reports to identify and prospect accounts and contacts
- Maintains high level of technical integrity and proficiency and is perceived by customers as a “trusted advisor”
- Understands and communicates how technical value addresses customers’ broader business/application issues and goals
- Provides knowledgeable response to all sales inquiries and meets all commitments in a timely manner
- Proactively escalates technical issues to seek quick resolution
- Proposes changes in equipment or processes, which would result in cost reduction and/or improvement in operations
- Technical Knowledge: High level scientific understanding across key markets and applications from a business problem/technical solution standpoint
- Keeps up to date on new product introductions, technologies, market changes, competitive technologies, and new customer applications
- Demonstrates and persuasively explains the advantages of complete range of products and services to prospects and customers
- Collaboration: Demonstrated ability to effectively negotiate resources and work with cross-functional teams
- Works closely with all business functions to ensure specifications are correct and clearly understood and tracks requirements against deliverables
- Ability to efficiently manage different projects within sales and marketing
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline, business, marketing or equivalent
- 1+ years in a technical sales position
- Candidate should possess accountability, attention to detail, a sense of urgency, excellent communication skills, and a strong desire to succeed.
- Ability to plan and execute activities with minimal direct supervision.
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Detail-orientation, analytical approach, strong prioritization skills
- Must provide detailed and timely reporting.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proficient in CRM applications (Salesforce)
- Experience hosting 1:1 virtual meetings via web applications (WebEx, MS Teams, Zoom)
- Competitive compensation including base salary and annual bonus eligibility for all employees
- Equity – All employees are awarded stock options to benefit from the future success of the company
- 401k Plan – Company contributes 3% of base salary to plan, regardless of employee contribution amount
- Commuter Benefits Program – Use pre-tax dollars to pay for eligible mass transit and parking fees
- Several excellent PPO and HMO Insurance Plans provided by Tufts in Massachusetts and UnitedHealthCare , Kaiser Permanente, and Blue Cross Blue Shield in other states.
- Company pays nearly 90% of most popular plan or equivalent amount towards other plans; employees may elect higher-deductible plans for which company pays 100% of the premiums.
- Nationwide pharmacy benefits coverage provided by UnitedHealthCare or Tufts
- Dental benefits provided by UnitedHealthCare, including $1500 orthodontic benefit
- Vision coverage provided by VSP (Vision Service Plan)
- Health Care Flexible Spending Plan
- Health Savings Account Program
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability Benefits – company pays up to 60% of covered earnings (subject to cap)
- AD&D (Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance) – 100% employer paid for basic coverage; options for employee contributions to increase max coverage
- Employee Assistance Program – Variety of resources offered supporting your physical, emotional, social, and financial health
- Marketplace™ Perks at Work – Discounts and member pricing for more than 1,500 merchants, including on-demand fitness classes, therapy and telehealth, virtual classes, and at-home grocery and meal delivery services.
- Adoption Assistance Program – Reimbursement of $1,500 of eligible adoption expenses per qualified adoption
- Generous Vacation Time Policy – Every employee earns 15 vacation days, 5 sick days, and 2 floating holidays per year, in addition to 12 company holidays.
- Training and Development - Grow your career and improve job performance with free access to 5000+ self-paced on demand courses; 25000+ online books, videos, and curricula; and instructor-led virtual courses
- Educational Assistance Program – Provides reimbursement of $1500 per calendar year for approved graduate or undergraduate courses or $500 for approved continuing education expense