The Benefits of Microfluidic Modulation Spectroscopy (MMS)
What is MMS technology?
- Novel, fully automated technique providing ultra-sensitive, ultra-precise structural measurements of proteins and biomolecules
- Accurate and reproducible measurements with broad concentration range from 0.1 mg/mL to >200 mg/mL allows measurements in native conditions
- 20x faster and 30x more sensitive to changes in structure than CD or FTIR*
- Real-time buffer subtraction minimizes background noise and interference from excipients
Why add MMS into your development workflow?
- DISCOVERY: Incorporate structural monitoring to add more robust selection criteria for candidate screening
- FORMULATION: Automatically analyze and compare samples across a formulation study to predictively identify optimal buffer formulations, stability profiles, and storage conditions before locking in conditions eliminating costly downstream failures.
- MANUFACTURING: Track stability and structure as Critical Quality Attributes (CQAs) across the entire manufacturing process to guarantee safety, efficacy, and functionality
The BENEFITS of measuring HIGHER ORDER STRUCTURE
- Track and maintain the critical relationship between structure and function from Discovery to Formulation to Manufacturing securing a faster route to market
- Identify conditions and process steps that introduce undesired structural changes or aggregation due to intermolecular interactions
- Add meaning to changes in inactivity due to detected changes in folding at the secondary structural level
- Improve quality through all stages of the development process by monitoring stability and similarity
How MMS adds value to your development toolkit
By incorporating MMS into your analytical suite of tools, you will add the value of monitoring stability, structure, similarity, and intermolecular aggregation all measured from a single automated run powered by ultra-high precision fluidics and detection, and processed using a state-of-the-art intuitive analytical engine.
*Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, JAN 2020
Your Solution to Protein Characterization Has Landed
Introducing Apollo, Powered by MMS Technology
Apollo, RedShiftBio’s second-generation flagship system, features novel MMS technology and is your solution to structural characterization. Apollo is purpose-built to deliver ultra-sensitive, ultra-precise measurements of the structure of biomolecules informing you about the integrity of your biomolecules - with CONFIDENCE.
Key Features and Benefits of Apollo
- Analyze up to 47 samples in triplicate for structure, similarity, and stability on a completely automated, walk-away platform
- Characterize the HOS of a wide range of biomolecules including proteins, peptides, antibodies, mRNA, ADCs, and AAVs to identify and predict structural changes that may occur under development, formulation, and storage conditions
- Compare HOS and similarity profiles for biosimilars, innovators, parent, and variant compounds for confidence in structural similarity and activity to inform screening activities upstream and formulation development downstream
- Save time and money by collecting spectral data in individual wavenumber increments across the Amide I band to monitor and detect undesired changes at any point during drug development and manufacturing
- Balance sensitivity with precision for high and low viscosity samples via flexible 96 and 24-well plate formats
- Free up valuable time by scheduling routine maintenance such as system washing, laser calibration, and error handling to run unattended
Learn more about Apollo in this webinar!
delta - The Key to Optimal Spectral Analysis
The analytical engine behind the MMS hardware is delta, the processing software with an easy-to-use interface designed to generate high-quality, comparative spectral results to inform you about the stability and structure of your biomolecules.
- Automatic generation of differential, background-subtracted spectra with no subjective intervention
- Intuitive user interface for analysis of IR spectra including second derivative analysis, similarity by area of overlap, weighted spectral difference (WSD), principal component analysis (PCA), and higher order structure (HOS)
- Easily compare HOS and the similarity profiles for all samples, tracking the parameters that are most relevant to your study
Other Products & Services
HaLCon is a liquid chromatography platform with the ability to accurately measure titer in just five minutes.
RedShiftBio's AQS³pro, features Microfluidic Modulation Spectroscopy (MMS), powered by the AQS³delta software.
Your laboratory service solution for determining biomolecule secondary structure with speed, accuracy, and reproducibility.
The AQS³pro is perfectly paired with delta software, a suite of analytical tools that rapidly turn high quality data into scientific insight.