Innovation at Your Fingertips
RedShiftBio's AQS³pro overcomes many of the limitations of traditional spectroscopy-based technologies with ultrasensitive, highly reproducible, automated structural measurements of proteins and other biomolecules. It can be used for a wide range of applications from formulation development of mAb-based biotherapeutics to robust measurements of ADCs, AAVs, and mRNA. Powered by Microfluidic Modulation Spectroscopy (MMS), the AQS³pro is designed to provide five key measurements— aggregation, quantitation, stability, similarity, structure—directly supports biomolecule characterization throughout the biopharmaceutical development pipeline.
Key features of the AQS³pro instrument include:
- Ability to measure wide range of native sample concentrations from <0.1 mg/ml to >200 mg/ml
- Fully automated sample-handling, with both 24 and 96 well plate formats
- Real-time background subtraction eliminates need to dialyze samples
- Detection of <2% change in secondary structure even at low concentrations
- Advanced onboard data analytics enabling rapid and robust data interpretation and reporting
The Benefits Of Microfluidic Modulation Spectroscopy (MMS)
What is MMS technology?
- Novel, fully automated technique providing ultra-sensitive, ultra-precise structural measurements of proteins and biomolecules
- Accurate and reproducible measurements with broad concentration range from 0.1 mg/mL to >200 mg/mL allows measurements in native conditions
- 20x faster and 30x more sensitive to changes in structure than CD or FTIR*
- Real-time buffer subtraction minimizes background noise and interference from excipients
Why add MMS into your development workflow?
- DISCOVERY: Incorporate structural monitoring to add more robust selection criteria for candidate screening
- FORMULATION: Automatically analyze and compare samples across a formulation study to predictively identify optimal buffer formulations, stability profiles, and storage conditions before locking in conditions eliminating costly downstream failures.
- MANUFACTURING: Track stability and structure as Critical Quality Attributes (CQAs) across the entire manufacturing process to guarantee safety, efficacy, and functionality
The BENEFITS of measuring HIGHER ORDER STRUCTURE
- Track and maintain the critical relationship between structure and function from Discovery to Formulation to Manufacturing securing a faster route to market
- Identify conditions and process steps that introduce undesired structural changes or aggregation due to intermolecular interactions
- Add meaning to changes in inactivity due to detected changes in folding at the secondary structural level
- Improve quality through all stages of the development process by monitoring stability and similarity
How MMS adds value to your development toolkit
By incorporating MMS into your analytical suite of tools, you will add the value of monitoring stability, structure, similarity, and intermolecular aggregation all measured from a single automated run powered by ultra-high precision fluidics and detection, and processed using a state-of-the-art intuitive analytical engine.
*Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, JAN 2020
delta - The Key to Optimal SPECTRAL ANALYSIS
The analytical engine behind the MMS hardware is delta, the processing software with an easy-to-use interface designed to generate high-quality, comparative spectral results to inform you about the stability and structure of your biomolecules.
- Automatic generation of differential, background-subtracted spectra with no subjective intervention
- Intuitive user interface for analysis of IR spectra including second derivative analysis, similarity by area of overlap, weighted spectral difference (WSD), principal component analysis (PCA), and higher-order structure (HOS)
- Easily compare HOS and the similarity profiles for all samples, tracking the parameters that are most relevant to your study
Other Products & Services
Introducing the next-gen Apollo, RedShiftBio’s flagship protein characterization tool, featuring Microfluidic Modulation Spectroscopy (MMS), powered by delta software.
Your laboratory service solution for determining biomolecule secondary structure with speed, accuracy, and reproducibility.
The AQS³pro is perfectly paired with delta software, a suite of analytical tools that rapidly turn high quality data into scientific insight.